I know the titles here look clickbaity but the content is clever, well researched and very insightful.
For example (on communication in relationships): “The assumption was that if people could give one another feedback, then communication would become clearer and pathology would just vanish. This was a very good idea. Unfortunately, it just wasn’t usually true. In ailing marriages people generally communicate very clearly; but what they communicate is mostly negative… “
Go learn some things here: https://www.bakadesuyo.com
Sometimes the things that will bring you success aren’t what you expect
- Proactively share your knowledge and time – people tend to be bad at this, you stand out when you’re generous
- Write stuff down – records are our collective memory
- Plan to fail often (i know we’ve heard this one before)
- Seek negative feedback – get good at asking for constructive criticism, and practise giving it
- Say NO to things – protect your boundaries of time and energy
- Listen more than you speak – this teaches you a lot, and makes others feel heard. a strong trait of leadership.
Hey, I’m Jess and i’m a research addict. I research, read and ponder anything i can get my brain around and I thought it was about time i started curating some of the interwebs best bits that I’ve always wanted to share.
Looking forward to expanding my mind with you!